Professional Support • Expert Advice • Flexible Service • Pragmatic Approach
People & Development Solutions Designed for the Local Council Sector
Local Council People & Development (LCPD) is the people and development arm of the Hampshire Association of Local Councils. In addition to our HR Services, through our training and events programme we provide a variety of information, networking and development opportunities to suit a wide range of councillor and officer needs.
With over 40 planned sessions, courses and events throughout the year there is something relevant and enjoyable for everyone, so why not browse through this document to find out more. If you find what you are looking for, why not check our Training & Events Calendar on our website for when the training or event is happening next. If not, you may wish to consider our in-house training service.
To see our current training courses and book please click here.
Some of our training can be provided in-house, which is a cost-effective approach if you have several people who require it. You choose where you want the training delivered and we work with you to establish a convenient date and time for our trainers to deliver. We can also tailor the training content to suit your precise organisation needs.
Key reasons to use our training services
We have a long-standing reputation for work in the sector, and our programme of training and events is tried and tested based on practical experience.
- We are non-profit making and our sole aim is to encourage better performance and capacity building in local councils.
- We follow the National Improvement Strategy for Parish and Town Councils in England.
- Our trainers come from a background of dealing with local councils, and bring to you a wealth of practical experience, in-depth knowledge and ability to facilitate training.
- We provide high quality services that are cost-effective and value for money.
- We run multiple scheduled sessions, courses, and event dates throughout the year in various venues and online for both councillors and officers.
- Our services are flexible and can be tailored to your needs.
- Our training and events focus on being practical and relevant to your work to enable you to apply your learning straight away. You will have plenty of time to explore your own needs and issues as well as share experiences and insights with other participants.
- We constantly review and improve our programme to ensure it is up to date with your changing needs and preparing you for the issues facing your profession.
All our training and events are subsidised as a benefit of membership. We are pleased to welcome delegates from outside of Hampshire, and from Hampshire councils that are not members of the Association to all our training and events. We are also willing to undertake in house training with councils outside Hampshire, please contact email@example.com to discuss.