Hampshire Association of Local Councils (Hampshire ALC) as the accountable body, endeavours to keep the costs of all sessions, courses and events at reasonable levels in order to make them accessible.
However, considerable amounts of administrative time are expended by officers to organise these sessions, courses and events. In addition, Hampshire ALC incurs the real added costs of venue hire, speaker expenses/fees and catering arrangements. Hampshire ALC must as a minimum, break-even financially on sessions, courses and events. Because of this, it is important to have the following terms and conditions and we urge those that book training and events on behalf of other delegates, make them aware of these conditions.
- Anyone wishing to challenge these terms and conditions in extreme circumstances should write to the Chief Executive by email.
- All of the information requested on the LCPD booking form should be provided at the time of booking.
- Bookings will be acknowledged by e-mail on receipt of the booking.
- A further email will be sent in advance of the session/course/event giving further details, including directions to the venue.
- We reserve the right to cancel a session/course/event at any time, or offer an alternative date, without any liability for consequential or indirect loss. Programmes are correct at the time of going to print. However, alterations may occasionally be necessary due to circumstances beyond our control. Sessions/courses/events may need to be cancelled if an insufficient number of participants are registered to attend.
Training and event fees:
- Invoices will be sent to delegates within 14 days of attending the session/course/event.
- All fees are subject to VAT.
- Fees for delegates from Hampshire ALC member councils are set at a level to offer access to information, networking and development opportunities at a price that reflects their previous payment of an affiliation fee. Session/course/event fees for delegates from Hampshire ALC member councils are listed on the Training and Events Programme and in the Training and Events Online Directory.
- Delegates from local councils that are members of the Isle of Wight Association of Local Councils will be charged the same rate as delegates from Hampshire ALC member councils to reflect their potential travelling costs, and our partnership working.
- Outside of Hampshire, the normal policy is to charge the Hampshire ALC member council delegate fee plus 50%. This policy is subject to variation depending on the session/course/event. Please note this also applies to independent delegates that are not councillors or employees of a local council.
- For delegates from Hampshire ALC non-member councils (where the council is eligible to join Hampshire ALC but has chosen not to), the fee reflects the non-payment to support their own parish representative infrastructure body. For the first delegate to attend a session/course/event the fee will equal the Hampshire ALC annual affiliation fee due to the council for the financial year that the session/course/event begins. Any subsequent attendance at a session/course/event will then be offered at Hampshire ALC member council fee levels for the remainder of the same financial year.
Cancellations, transfers and non-attendance:
- All cancellations and requests to transfer must be made in writing to the Business Support Officer by email and will be acknowledged in writing.
- There is no charge for transferring a booking to another councillor or employee from the same organisation as long as the request is made in accordance with point a above before the session/course/event.
- There is no charge for transferring to an alternative session/course/event date, provided the request is received 30 or more days before the start of the session/course/event.
- Transfer requests received 0-29 days before the start of the session/course/event are subject to a transfer fee of 100 percent of the session/course/event fees.
- There is no charge for cancellations received 30 days or more days before the start of the session/course/event.
- Cancellations received 0-29 days before the start of the session/course/event are subject to a cancellation fee of 100 percent of the session/course/event fees.
- If the delegate fails to attend the session/course/event, the full course fees are payable.