We provide a collective voice for our members on Hampshire related matters, putting forward the sector views to key partners such as Hampshire County Council, and lobby on behalf of our members. We also influence at a national level through the National Association of Local Councils.
Take a look at our services below or download our leaflet here.
Why be a member of Hampshire Association of Local Councils?
Look upon your membership of HALC as an insurance - you may not need specific assistance from us this year, but many have and were relieved. It is not just advice you receive, but the network opportunities that membership brings within your District, County and beyond. The services provided by HALC include:
- Member query service offering information, advice and signposting to specialists as required.
- Access to high quality sector specific training and events at subsidised rates. These events provide a variety of information, networking and development opportunities for both Councillors and Officers.
- HR documents, including a Standard Contract template and Disciplinary, Grievance and Absence policies. Specialist HR advice bespoke to Town and Parish Councils through our LCPD membership.
- Access to a register of qualified and experienced locums able to cover for your Clerk or other staff members, on a short or long term basis.
- One hour free support (per query) from our specialist legal advisors, with reduced rates if additional legal work is required.
- Member advertising space on our website and social media page to help find your new Clerk or other staff.
Access to a specialist planning service.
Access to a specialist and VAT finance advisory service.
Support and monitor your borrowing applications to Government.
Access to the National Association of Local Councils services.
We have qualified and experienced consultants providing a range of services tailored to help you run your Council better and improve effectiveness.
We have contact with all levels of the statutory and community sectors in the county and many links beyond. With strong membership we can shape legislation, policy and guidance that will affect our members and the sector before it becomes law.
Opportunities to part take in our Award Schemes.
If your Council is not a member already, please contact our Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org