Hampshire ALC Training and Events Agreement
This is the Hampshire ALC Training and Events Agreement we have with you. We also advertise training and events offered by other organisations. For their agreements please see their website or contact directly.
- All the information requested on the booking form should be provided at the time of booking.
- Bookings will be acknowledged by e-mail within 2 working days of receipt of the completed booking form.
- Further emails will be sent in advance of the course/event giving more details, including directions to the venue or online joining instructions, where applicable.
- It is your responsibility, or that of the person booking the training/event place, to advise us of any requirements related specifically to disability, as well as any special dietary requirements, where applicable.
- Each course/event has a limited number of spaces and is booked on a first-come first-served basis.
- You are liable for any costs incurred to attend a training/event you are booked on.
- We reserve the right to cancel a course/event at any time, or offer an alternative date, without any liability for consequential or indirect loss.
- Invoices will be sent to the council, or if specifically requested the individual booking the course, approximately 14 days before the course/event date. All fees are subject to VAT.
- Fees for delegates from Hampshire ALC member councils and Hampshire ALC Development Partners are set at a level to offer access to training and networking opportunities at a price that reflects their payment of the current year’s affiliation fee and the grant provided by Hampshire County Council.
- Fees for delegates from Berkshire ALC member councils and non-Hampshire Development Partners are set at a level to offer access to training and networking opportunities at a price that reflects their payment of the current year’s affiliation fee.
- Subject to the funding agreement with the Berkshire ALC Executive and the demand for training by Berkshire ALC members, the Berkshire ALC will fund the majority of training places for delegates from Berkshire ALC member councils. This is on the proviso that the delegate attends the course. Berkshire ALC Executive reserve the right to charge for non-attendance without good reason. Berkshire ALC member councils will be advised of any course places not funded by Berkshire ALC.
- Delegates from councils that are not Hampshire ALC members, Berkshire ALC members or Development Partners will be charged the Hampshire ALC member council fee plus 50%. This policy is subject to variation depending on the course/event. Please note this also applies to independent delegates that are not councillors or staff of a local council.
- In summary the rates are as follows:
- Hampshire ALC Member Councils/Hampshire Development Partners (standard rate)
- Berkshire ALC Member Councils/Non-Hampshire Development Partners (standard rate + 25%)
- Non-Member Councils (standard rate + 50%)
Cancellations, transfers and non-attendance
- All cancellations and requests to transfer must be made in writing by email to email@example.com and will be acknowledged in writing by email.
- There is no charge for transferring a booking to another appropriate person from the same organisation as long as the request is made in writing by email before the training/event.
- There is no charge for cancellations received 14 days or more days before the start of the course/event.
- Cancellations received less than 14 days before the start of the training/event are subject to a cancellation fee of 100% of the training/event fees.
- If the delegate fails to attend the course/event, the full training/event fee is payable.
- Hampshire ALC may, on occasion, record or photograph events for use in marketing materials or promotional activities.
- We will advise you prior to the recording or photography so that you can inform us at that time if you do not wish to be included.
- Hampshire ALC carefully selects external speakers at its conferences, meetings and learning events in the belief that they will present accurate, reliable and appropriate information and views.
- Unless specifically stated, we do not necessarily endorse, approve, guarantee, or certify the accuracy, reliability, appropriateness or other aspects of the information and views of speakers.
- Any opinions provided by the speaker do not necessarily represent the views of Hampshire ALC or its members.
- Reference to any specific commercial product, process or service by trade name, trademark or otherwise does not imply or constitute an endorsement, recommendation, or other support from the ALC or its members.